Lower Body Workout
If you've got a wall, you can get your tummy, bum and thighs in shape in no time, all without placing stress on your joints. These exercises will not only tone, they also aim to increase your flexibility and range of movement.
Do two sets of 10 - 12 reps of each exercise.
Always check with your GP before starting any new exercise program.
- Lie on your back with buttocks against the wall, arms at side, knees bent and feet about a metre up the wall
- Exhale and peel your lower and mid-back off the floor, keeping shoulders down, to form a straight line from chest to knee
- Hold to inhale, then exhale and slowly roll back down
Cross one leg over the other, so only one foot is on the wall as you raise and lower your back.
- Use same starting position as bridge, except with legs straight up the wall
- Inhale, then exhale as you slide legs apart to form a V
- Exhale and close legs
Wrap an exercise band around left foot to anchor it down by right hip. Slide left leg open for one set of repetitions, then swap legs.
- Use same starting position as wipers and place hands on tummy
- Activate your abdominals and curl head and shoulders up as your right hand reaches for your left toe
- Lower and repeat on other side
Stack feet, so left heel is on top of right toes and reach right hand to left side of feet, then left to right side.
- Use same starting position as bridge
- Peel your lower and mid-back off floor and cross left ankle over right knee
- Squeeze buttocks and front of thigh to press left knee towards the wall for 20 pulses
- Repeat on other side