recipes > Carrot and Pecan Muffins
Preparation time:15 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
½ cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon rice bran oil
½ cup sultanas
1 large carrot, peeled and grated
1 cup Vitasoy Ricemilk
2 eggs, lighty beaten
2 cups gluten free self raising flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon pecan nuts, finely chopped
2 teaspoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Total Fat 3.3g
Saturated Fat 0.5g
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (170°C for fan forced) and place patty cases in a 12 hole ½-cup muffin tray.
2. In a bowl, add sugar, rice bran oil, sultanas, grated carrot, Vitasoy Ricemilk and eggs. Mix until combined.
3. Sift self raising flour, xanthan gum and cinnamon into carrot mixture. Gently stir until combined but do not over mix. Spoon the muffin mixture into the muffin holes.
4. Combine topping and sprinkle over muffins. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
5. Cool slightly in muffin tray and then remove muffins and cool on wire rack.