recipes > Choc-Marshmallow Muffins
Once baked, the marshmallows in this recipe melt and become deliciously gooey,
creating a lovely surprise for when you reach the centre.
Recipe by Christie Connelly
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 22 minutes
2 1/2 cups (350g) self raising flour
1/3 cup (30g) cocoa powder
1 cup (160g) white chocolate chips
3/4 cup (110g) dark brown sugar
1 cup (250ml) Vitasoy Ricemilk Original
125g butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 egg, lightly beaten
Total Fat 15.2g
Saturated Fat 9.3g
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin and add paper cases, if you like.
2. Put the flour, cocoa powder, chocolate chips and sugar into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
3. Make a well in the centre and pour in the ricemilk, butter and egg. Mix gently to combine, but don't over mix or the muffins will turn out chewy.
4. Spoon a few tablespoons of mixture into each muffin hole then top with a marshmallow and press down slightly. Spoon the rest of the mixture over each one, making sure to cover the marshmallow completely.
5. Bake for 20-22 minutes on the middle shelf. Cool slightly on a wire rack but try to eat as soon as possible. They are best enjoyed warm so that the marshmallow is still gooey in the centre.
Note: I've used white chocolate chips but feel free to substitute dark or milk chocolate ones if you prefer.